Saturday, January 11, 2014

Morning kisses & easy feelings.

I wanted to talk to you.
& really to be honest I didn't want to talk to you, because I felt weird prancing around announcing to the world I'm fasting. I felt like an entertainer with jazz hands, or better yet, the energizer bunny. But God is funny & intertwines His story with mine, so I cannot tell you His things apart from sharing my own.

Here is the beginning.
If someone were to come across me, a stranger in the street, this is what they would probably say.
 
 
She was really, really short with dark brownish blackish straight hair,
bangs covering her forehead. She had black-rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, 
& a coffee mug in right hand.


Because all strangers now acquaintances who have had that awkward introduction have been welcomed by me & my coffee mug. I am sure of it. Heavily addicted, I drink more coffee than the food I eat. With that being said, this fast is strictly water on the liquid side of things. So twenty one days of no coffee. & you know what?

I'm perfectly fine.

Last year when I did this same thing, I was down & out for at least three days with a lovely migraine called caffeine withdrawal. I literally remember a night sitting in my bed thinking what do I live for. This time around is so different. Because even though I love coffee, I know who I live for. Not that I didn't then, but circumstances & seasons have the tendency to fog your vision a bit.

So this being said, I have been fine since day one, no migraines, no regrets. (here's where a YOLO would fit nicely) & the food-- everything I have eaten thus far has been delicious. Better than anything I have eaten in a long time, restaurants included.

& so I keep telling my sister Emma that this is so weird, & that I almost feel guilty because I'm not suffering through this. No tears. No lusting after my parent's hoagie sandwiches. Mom can still get her coffee at Dunkin during lunch with me & I am good with my water. I sent her


this doesn't feel like a punishment
 
 
& Jesus responded
 
its not.
 
 
 
Loving Him is not a punishment.
Living for Him is not a punishment. It's a reward we are unworthy of, yet it's freely ours.
 
 
Come to me, all you who are weary & burdened, & I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you & learn from me, for I am
gentle & humble in heart, & you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy & my burden in light.
MATTHEW 11:28-30 NIV
 
 
Come to me with your tomorrows, your exams, your fears. Come to me & find what you're looking for. I will give you rest. Isn't it freeing? If your Jesus feels heavy, it's time for an introduction. Because the lover of our souls is not weighty or a nuisance.
 
 
He is the same love couples exchange rings over, & make promises of forever. He is the same joy in a babies laughter. He is the same peace that hushes the ocean after a storm. He is the patience of a father pushing along behind the bike without the training wheels, the mother repeating the loopty loo to tie your own shoes. He is the kindness in a strangers smile, the goodness in a pink & purple sunrise. He is the faithfulness that wakes you up every morning, the gentleness of a butterflies wings, & the self-control of the gymnast.
 
 
& He just wants you to ask for Him.
Say you need Him, & He tucks you away in himself so that He can take the crashing waves for you. He longs for you with a wild, free, adventurous love. 


The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom,
so that I know how to comfort the weary.
Morning by morning he wakens me
& opens my understanding to his will.
ISAIAH 50:4 NLT
 
 
I have cared for you since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before you were born.
I will be your God through out your lifetime--
until your hair is white with age.
I made you, & I will care for you.
I will carry you along & save you.
ISAIAH 46:3-4 NLT
 
 
You are precious to me, you are honored, & I love you.
ISAIAH 43:4 NLT
 
 
 

He longs to kiss you awake, like a fairytale ending, love. He doesn't bring confusion but peace & order & life & understanding. He brings the days answers. He brings Himself, which is better than anything you could ever imagine.
 
The giver of life wants to care for you.
 
Won't you let Him?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment